Understanding system requirements for full CECL implementation and impact on the business
Key Topics addressed in 2017
Governance & Control Framework
– Implementing a governance and control environment under CECL
– Model risk management and validation
– Auditing the CECL framework
– Managing adjustments and impact on profitability of product types
– Treatment of credit cards/revolvers
– Treatment of retail products
– Development of a CECL compliant reserving methodology
– Balance sheet managers with a seat at the credit table
– Meeting data requirements
– Modeling techniques and supporting documentation structure
IFRS 9 and CECL
– An introduction and overview of CECL
– Leveraging IFRS 9 infrastructure
– Developing a gap analysis for CECL to develop an implementation roadmap
– Synergies from stress testing that can be leveraged
End State Vision
– Reviewing the potential unintended consequences
– Understanding the end vision to prepare for implementation
Find our CECL thought-leadership articles here. These articles feed from our much larger Risk Insights section of our website which provides you with thought-leadership, white papers, articles and more across risk and regulation. Subscribe to Risk Insights’ Financial Risk Management Blog and get the latest articles straight to your inbox.
Argus is a Verisk Analytics (Nasdaq: VRSK) business and operates in 30+ countries, is a member of Standard & Poor’s S&P 500® Index and is listed in Forbes magazine’s America’s Best Mid-Size Employers list and World’s Most Innovative Companies list.
Argus Risk & Regulatory capabilities include solutions for data management, risk and loss modeling including financial & capital planning & reporting.
• Expertise in global regulations: DFAST, CCAR, ALLL/ CECL/ IFRS9, AML, IRRBB, FRTB, Basel, Liquidity & Credit Risk, Solvency II & other regulations
• Data aggregator for US regulators (Fed, OCC, CFPB) in supporting their efforts for risk-based bank supervision
• Provide FI’s with services and products which are modular, scalable:
– Technology agnostic data management platform which seamlessly integrates data from disparate sources, multi-tier data quality engine, data lineage & audit trail
– Proven track record of developing industry-leading forecasting solutions for over $ 5T assets across clients in 40+ countries (across retail products, C&I, treasury, real estate & leverage industry data from Argus consortia & partners) to support forecasting for:
• Compliance, Marketing
• P&L optimization
• Strategic planning
• LLP/ Delinquency
• Impairment models
– Reporting solution with workflow management with functionalities like CFO attestation, business & management overlay, MIS reporting with drill-down capability providing the same view as regulators
– Consulting and operational support (i.e., crafting MRI response, model recalibration, new portfolio/product integration)
The AxiomSL platform seamlessly integrates clients’ source data from disparate systems and geographical locations without forcing data conversion. It enriches and validates the data, and runs it through risk and regulatory calculations to produce both internal and external reports. The platform supports disclosures in multiple formats, including XBRL. The unparalleled transparency offered by the high-performance platform gives users the ability to drill down on their data to any level of granularity.
AxiomSL’s platform supports compliance with a wide range of global and local regulations, including Basel III capital and liquidity requirements, the Dodd-Frank Act, FATCA, AEI (CRS), EMIR, COREP/FINREP, CCAR, FDSF, BCBS 239, Solvency II, AIFMD, IFRS, central bank disclosures, and both market and credit risk management requirements. The enterprise-wide approach offered by AxiomSL enables clients to leverage their existing data and risk management infrastructure, and reduces implementation costs, time to market and complexity.
AxiomSL was awarded The Asian Banker’s 2016 “Best Compliance Risk Technology Implementation of the Year” as well as “Best Implementation at a Sell-side Firm” in the 2016 Sell-side Technology Awards. It was voted Best Reporting System Provider in the 2015 Waters Rankings and was highlighted as a ‘category leader’ by Chartis Research in its 2015 Sell-side Risk Management Technology report. The company’s work has also been recognized through a number of other accolades, including success in the Best Reporting Initiative category of the American Financial Technology Awards and in the Customer Satisfaction section of the Chartis RiskTech100 rankings.
For over 30 years DCG has helped financial institutions of all sizes make better strategic and risk management decisions. Services include comprehensive asset/liability management and strategy advisory, balance sheet risk modeling, broad-based model documentation and validation (e.g. ALM, liquidity, credit, ALLL, MSR, capital, operational risk models), behavioral studies (deposits, prepayments), credit stress testing and challenger models, and liquidity management (including contingency planning, monitoring and stress testing analytics).
For further information please visit www.wolterskluwerfs.com.
We operate from 24 offices, 11 of them located in Europe –Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, London, Frankfurt, Paris, Warsaw, Zürich, Milan, Rome, Lisbon-, 12 in the Americas – New York, Boston, Atlanta, Birmingham, San Juan de Puerto Rico, Mexico City, Medellín, Bogota, São Paulo, Lima, Santiago de Chile, Buenos Aires – and 1 in Asia – Beijing-, with a multidisciplinary team of around 2,000 professionals with functional, mathematical, technical and other profiles.
We conduct projects on strategy, organization, operational efficiency and processes, risk management and control, and related technology, mainly in the financial services, energy and telecommunications industries.
Can your organization contribute at our CECL 2018 Congress?
Please contact the Center for Financial Professionals today to discuss how we can deliver your thought-leadership at the event, help you generate leads, and provide you with unique networking and branding opportunities. Please visit www.cefpro.com/sponsorship for an outline of what we can offer, and contact email@example.com or call us on +1 888 677 7007 where a member of the team will be happy to tailor the right package for you.
Group rates are available for 3 or more attendees from the same organization, when registering at the same time. The current rate allows every third colleague to come along for half price or a fifth colleague to attend for free.
Credit card payments:
Please ensure that you have informed your credit card issuer that you will be making this transaction
New York Marriott Downtown, 85 West St, New York, NY 10006, USA
We have a preferential rate for our attendees starting from $319++.
To book your accommodation please click the link below, if you are experiencing any problems please give the number a call and quote ‘the Centre for Financial Professionals program’
Contact numbers: 1-877-303-0104