Advancing stress testing to inform strategic decisions and align across regulatory initiatives
Stress Testing USA: CECL, Capital and Strategy
November 6-7, 2019 | New York City
America’s leading event on stress testing, CECL implementation, capital management and strategy – practical examples and case studies with insight from industry renown experts.
Leveraging stress testing models and incorporating into one unified program
Incorporating stress test results into capital planning and allocation
Technology use cases and feasibility with stringent documentation requirements
Identifying and validating models under a broader definition
Developing an enterprise wide data governance program and policy
BAU & STRATEGY
Integrating across the enterprise as a BAU tool for financial planning and strategic decisions
Identification, management and mitigation strategies for emerging risks
Reviewing climate change agendas across global regulators
Chief Data Analytics Officer
Director, Quantitative Analytics
Director, Risk Management Systems and Technology
Head of Model Risk
Managing Director, Qualitative Methodology Review
Bank of America
Director Stress Testing
Silicon Valley Bank
Director of PPNR Forecasting
The complete ZRE solution combines a suite of SAS®-based software with AAA’s expert credit risk consultancy. The engine is a single integrated, customisable batch analytics platform for wholesale and commercial credit portfolios and works with a bank’s own credit models. With innovations in ‘credit cycle unlocking’, ZRE is uniquely able to use industry and regional credit cycles to accurately convert existing credit models, such as through the cycle (TTC), into point in time (PIT) measures.
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. Wolters Kluwer reported 2018 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Can your organisation contribute? Please contact the Center for Financial Professionals today to discuss how we can deliver your thought-leadership at the event, help you generate leads, and provide you with unique networking and branding opportunities. For more information on what we can offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +1 888 677 7007 (US) where a member of the team will be happy to tailor the right package for you.
We are happy to support publications, associations and organisations at this event. From a simple company listing with your logo to taking advantage of some of our sponsor benefits listed above. To discuss a media partnership further please email email@example.com or call +1 888 677 7007 (US)
8:00 Registrations and breakfast
8:50 Chair’s opening remarks
9:00 Benchmarking progress towards final implementation and executing the final program
- Benchmarking progress
- Final checks ahead of implementation
- Ensuring sufficient data and system integrations
- Transitioning from parallel runs
- Impact of postponement on the industry
- Implementation lessons learnt
- Qualitative aspects of CECL and validation
Arnisa Abazi, Managing Director, head of wholesale stress testing and allowance, Citi
CCAR STRESS TESTING – PANEL DISCUSSION
9:30 Conducting CCAR stress tests and incorporating CECL for a comprehensive framework
- Running multiple scenarios
- Scope of stress testing and CECL allowance
- BAU under each
- Fundamental differences between stress testing and CECL
- Conservatism in stress testing
- Use of perfect foresight
- Running CECL models as part of an end to end process
- Assumptions for scenarios with perfect foresight
- Building allowance in 9 quarter horizon
Michael Jacobs, Lead Quantitative Analytics and Modeling Expert, PNC
Kiran Yalavarthy, Executive Vice President, Head of Credit and PPNR Modeling, Wells Fargo
10:20 Morning refreshment break and networking
DISCLOSURES & REPORTING
10:50 Understanding disclosure and reporting requirements and impacts on final accounting numbers
- Methodology frameworks
- Guidance for institutions with 2023 deadline
- Balance between regulators and institutions
- Changes to lending market after disclosure
- Articulating numbers to stakeholders
Bill Collette, Director, Product Management, Wolters Kluwer
Will Newcomer, Vice President of Product and Strategy, U.S. Risk & Compliance, Wolters Kluwer
11:30 Reviewing the use of new technologies such as AI and machine learning for data analysis and process automation
- Data quality assessment
- Scenario generation
- Model Development and Benchmarking
- Process Automation and Efficiency
Lourenco Miranda, Managing Director, Regional Head of Model Risk Management, Société Générale
12:30 Lunch break and networking
1:30 Forecasting over extended time horizons and reviewing effectiveness across product offerings
- Different products with different maturity dates
- Products with no maturity dates
- Choosing a reasonable and supportable forecasting period
- Accuracy of scenarios under longer time horizons
- Two-year consensus emerging as industry standard
- Moving to baseline economic forecast
- Deciding weight for scenarios every quarter
- Applying scenarios to loans
Arsa Oemar, Director, Wholesale Credit Model Risk Management, MUFG
FBO IMPLEMENTATION – PANEL DISCUSSION
2:10 CECL implementation for FBOs: Leveraging IFRS 9 for CECL
- Challenges and additional build for CECL
- Transitioning to CECL framework
- Decisions on scenario design for transition matrix
- US specific output
- Defining ECL
- Converging methodology across the industry
Kuo-Chang Lu, CECL – Head of Strategic Planning and Business Engagement, RBC
Mohit Dhilon, Senior Director, Quantitative Analytics, Barclays
3:00 Afternoon refreshment break and networking
3:30 Managing increased model risk and validation requirements ahead of CECL implementation and ensuring sufficient data
- Adhering to accounting and regulatory expectations
- Testing to see value out of models
- Validating assumptions
- Impact of results on financial statements
- Transparency of assumptions
- Minimising impact on business
- Reviewing feasibility and pricing of businesses
- Ensuring soundness of methodology
- Testing and implementation of models
- Versatility of platform to perform calculations
- Ensuring sufficient data to validate assumptions
- Ensuring data feeds correctly to model
- Granularity of data collection
- Maintaining characteristics for loan loss data
- Changes to collection for loan level modeling
Ken Fu, Managing Director and Senior Vice President, Corporate Model Risk Management, Wells Fargo
MODEL IMPLEMENTATION AND EXECUTION
4:30 CECL model implementation and execution: 1st line model validation / risk management and running alongside stress tests in a cohesive framework
- Process verification & assessment
- How the models are run
- Technology challenges
- Interaction with IT and model development
- Putting models into production
- Controls around processes
- Macroeconomic variables & scenario generation
- Model testing – attribution analysis and assessment of reasonableness
- Integrating to achieve targeted objectives
- Limiting over burdening current stress testing processes
Michael Jacobs, Lead Quantitative Analytics and Modeling Expert, PNC
5:30 Chair’s closing remarks and end of forum
Earn up to 15 CPE Credits for the two-day Course.
- Prerequisites: Knowledge of financial risk management
- Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation is required
- Program Level: Intermediate to advanced
- Delivery Method: Group-live
The Center For Financial Professionals is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
Please note these are subject to change as per the agenda and final credits will be available after the event.
Yes, the Center for Financial Professionals are happy to discuss speaking opportunities at the Congress. For further information on this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Business attire is requested. The Congress is a formal opportunity to network with like-minded professionals and to gain knowledge from the industry’s finest risk management experts.
We offer incentives for ‘early bird’ registrants of the Congress, as outlined on our pricing structure.
Registration includes breakfast, refreshment breaks, lunches, the cocktail reception at the end of day One, full access to the Congress sessions and exhibition area. Presentations from sessions are also available, subject to speaker approval.
All registered attendees will receive an email with access to documentation and speaker presentations*
All available documentation will be provided after the Congress has taken place. However we will work with our presenters to make these available before the Congress where possible.
*Please note that our speakers often have to gain permission from their relevant compliance departments to release their presentations. On rare occasions compliance may not allow presentations to be distributed.
Yes. As with all of our events the Center for Financial Professionals will be providing brilliant coffee, breakfast, lunch, refreshments, and smaller bites during the networking breaks.
There are ample opportunities for networking and interaction throughout the Congress, such as
- Breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks
- Drinks reception at the end of the first day of the Congress (subject to confirmation)
- Q&A, panel discussions and audience participation technology at the event and during the sessions
Certainly! We are pleased to offer you a 50% discount on the third registration or provide a fifth registration for free.
If you would like to register more than five colleagues please contact us on +1 888 677 7007.
- Registrations must be made at the same time
- Registrations must come from the organization
- The lowest registration will be discounted
Yes there are plenty of opportunities for the Center for Financial Professionals to share thought-leadership to the attendees of Stress Testing USA and our wider risk professionals community.
At the event
We can distribute your material to the attendees or even offer you an exhibition booth so that you may enjoy a more prominent presence at the Congress. Visit the Sponsor tab for further information or contact email@example.com / +1 888 677 7007.
Feature your content on our Risk Insights website and supporting Risk Insights monthly newsletter. For further information please download our media pack here.
Yes. As part of a media partnership we can offer a variety of options to increase the branding and awareness of your association, company, certificate, publication or media. We are flexible with what we can offer however we usually:
- Provide a discounted rate to attend
- Place your logo and profile on the Congress website
- Place your logo on the Congress brochure
- Place your logo on promotional content where applicable
- Distribute your media/marketing at the Congress
- Promote through social media channels
To discuss this further please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 888 677 7007.
Representing a financial institution
(E.g. Bank, Insurance company, Asset Manager, Regulator)
2020 Pre-Agenda Rate
Representing an information/service provider
(E.g. Consultant, Vendor, Executive Search Firm, Law Firm)
2020 Pre-Agenda Rate
Group rates are available for 3 or more attendees from the same organisation, when registering at the same time. The current rate allows every third colleague to come along for half price or a fifth colleague to attend for free!
Other Ways to Register
2. Contact Us Directly
+1 888 677 7007 (US)
3. Download PDF Registration Form
Can your organization contribute at the Stress Testing Congress?
Please contact the Center for Financial Professionals today to discuss how we can deliver your thought-leadership at the event, help you generate leads, and provide you with unique networking and branding opportunities. Please contact email@example.com or call us on +1 888 677 7007 where a member of the team will be happy to tailor the right package for you.