Center for Financial Professionals (“We”) is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what information we collect and how we may use it.
The Data Controller is Center for Financial Professionals of Suite 68 The Maltings, Roydon Road, Herts, SG12 8HG. We can be contacted at email@example.com or by calling +44 (0) 20 7164 6582 / +1 888 677 7007.
We work according to the requirements of data protection legislation in the UK and comply with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). You can visit most pages on our site without giving us any information about yourself, but sometimes we do need information to provide services that you request.
This privacy statement covers the Center for Financial Professionals website (www.cefpro.com) and all event specific domains owned by the Center for Financial Professionals (for example, www.risk-regulation-usa.com, www.banking-risk-regulation.com)
The statement does not cover external websites linked to from this site that are not owned by the Center for Financial Professionals.
Changes to the Policy
Information We May Collect About You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites, and which may be amended from time to time. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
In compliance with GDPR we removed thousands of contacts from our systems on 29 May 2018. We only process personal data when:
- You have provided consent.
- Processing is necessary to perform a contract. This may be and is not limited to an event registration or a sponsorship contract.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation of the data controller.
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the consumer or of another natural person
- Processing is necessary for the public interest
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the data controller or by a third party, except where those interests are overridden by the interests of the fundamental rights of the consumer.
Center for Financial Professionals is the sole owner of the information collected on this site.
Cookies are used to track web site usage only, and we may use this data to help us optimise the web site for users.
Information Sharing: Who We Intend to Share Information With and Why
We do not rent or sell our customer lists. We may share basic information such as your name, job title and company with other professional organisations (including our event sponsors/exhibitors) when necessary to complete our business objectives. For example when we organize an invite-only Breakfast Briefing as part of a conference we may need to share the attendee list with our partner so we may invite a limited number of professionals to attend. All lists are seeded with decoy names to protect against abuse; violators will be prosecuted. We never share email addresses with our partners or third parties.
Center for Financial Professionals may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Correcting, Updating or Removing Your Personal Information
If your personal information is incorrect, changes or if you no longer wish to receive information from the Center for Fianancial Professionals, we will endeavor to correct, update or remove your information as swiftly as possible. This can be done by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that while we will endeavor to make the updates as promptly as possible, you may receive communications whilst we process the changes.
If at any point you wish to opt-out of receiving email communications from us you can follow our unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of promotional emails. If you wish to be removed or if your personal information is incorrect, changes or if you no longer wish to receive information from the Center for Financial Professionals, we will endeavor to correct, update or remove your information as swiftly as possible. Please contact email@example.com
Hyperlinks to Other Web Sites
This site contains links to other websites not owned by Center for Financial Professionals. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the said website. Center for Financial Professionals is not responsible for the privacy practices nor do we accept any liability in connection with the content of such websites.
Our Liability to You
We endeavor to publish accurate, up to date information on this site, but Center for Financial Professionals does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies or omissions. Nor does Center for Financial Professionals accept liability for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other losses or damages of any kind arising out of the use of this website or information contained within it.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the registration form or, alternatively, do not provide your consent to pass on those details when prompted.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £25 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
HOW INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED
- Registration : You may be asked first to complete a registration and provide personally identifiable information, in order to take advantage of certain features the App may choose to offer, including, but not limited to, Contests, Food and Beverage Maps, Twitter. Participation in registration is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to the app.
- Surveys or Polls : On occasion, we may request personally identifiable information from you via surveys or voting polls. Participation is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information. At times, you may have to register to take part in a survey/poll.
- IP Addresses and Click-stream Data : We may collect IP addresses and/or click-stream data for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and sponsors. Our computers identify your mobile device by its IP address. When you request data from the App, our computers log your IP address. Click-stream data is information collected by our computers when you request data using the App. Click-stream data may include such information as the data served, the time, the source of the request, the type of mobile device making the request, the preceding page view and other such non-personal information. When analyzed, this data helps us analyze how visitors arrive at the App, what type of content is most popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising, and the like.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
As applicable, the information you provide to us may be used to:
- Contact you about the App;
- Monitor or improve the use of the App;
- Customize the advertising and content you see;
- Inform you of a prize you have won.
WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
At times, we may share your personally identifiable information with others for various purposes. The following outlines the ways in which your information may be shared with others. Except as expressly set forth below, we do not share, sell, rent or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their promotional purposes. Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information such as demographics and usage statistics with the team, advertisers, sponsors or other organizations. When this type of information is shared, the other parties do not have access to your personally identifiable information. Partners Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share your information (including, without limitation, personally identifiable information) with our subsidiaries and affiliates. If you do not want us to share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliates, you may tell us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Business Transfers: In the event that all or substantially all of our assets are sold or transferred to another party, or another transaction occurs in which your personally identifiable information is one of the business assets transferred, all personally identifiable information that has been collected and saved may be one of the business assets we transfer.
Legal Process: In the event we are required to respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process your personally identifiable information may be disclosed pursuant to such subpoena, court order or legal process, which may be without notice to you.
The App may make third-party social-media features (twitter, facebook)available to its users. We cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public in a social-media feature. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these areas.
This App and the computers that supply data to the App incorporates reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness,accuracy and privacy of the personal information that we may collect and we have put into place reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse and alteration. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required.